Monday, December 09, 2013

A Freezing Day

Today the temperature went down to around -32'C in the morning. It's gone a little bit up now (around -29'C). For some reason I've been wanting to walk more than riding my bike lately and I was really psyched today to walk to a friend's place that was around 3.5 km away from my place. It sure was cold, but I had bundled myself up pretty well and I wore the longest winter jacket that I had, so it wasn't so bad (just my cheeks felt frozen and my nose kept on running). Then after that I walked downtown to send some Christmas postcards and walked back home. So in total I walked for about 6 km today. WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! :-D

Had fun chit-chatting with my friend and catching up on our lives. :-D Another friend couldn't come because her car refused to start. The friend whom I visited also had trouble starting up her car this morning. It was just too cold, I suppose. 

On Saturday I walked to MIL's place and it was around -20'C. I brought my camera with me just in case. Here are some of the pics I took on the way to MIL's place. The bicycle in the first pic is at the edge of a frozen river.




Frozen Kitinen river:


The photo below is the pedestrian walkway leading towards the bridge. The frozen river is on the right side of the picture.


When I was walking across the bridge, I looked up and noticed these birds he he he he...




On Saturday the temperature went down to -23'C when I walked back home. Today the sky was more pink than in the photos above, but I didn't bring my camera with me. Besides, when it's so cold outside, it's so hard to press the button to take pictures because your fingers are freezing - either that or you wear such thick gloves that make it hard to press the button to take a pic ha ha ha...

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how cold it was! I will never moan about the cold in the UK again! (I probably will thought.)
    Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA HA HA HA HA HA...moan away, Nikki! No problemo! Glad you enjoyed my pics! :-D

      Delete