Monday, May 19, 2008

Finnish for Foreigners: My Recommendation

I just remembered that maybe someone who visits my blog wants to know which Finnish books I've used to learn Finnish on my own. Here are some books I recommend for you:

1. Finnish: An Essential Grammar (Fred Karlsson)

2. Teach Yourself Finnish (Terttu Leney)

These are the exercises books we use in our course. These are VERY VERY good for beginners. Unfortunately I only found them in a Finnish website, but no worries, right?

3. Kieli Käyttöön (Alkeisoppikirja)

4. Kieli Käyttöön (Jatko-oppikirja)

This is the dictionary I've used: WSOY Suomi-Englanti-Suomi. I bought it along with the CD-Rom, so I can leave the big dictionary in my classroom and use the CD-Rom at home he he he...VERY practical!!!

And if you want to learn Finnish via emails, you can go to this site: Uusi kielemme. You can order 5 or 10 lessons at once and pay via Paypal.

Okie dokie, that's all for now, but before I go, here's one quotation for you:

I have seen men in real life who so long deceived others that at last their true nature could not reveal itself . . . . He who cannot reveal himself cannot love, and he who cannot love is the most unhappy man of all.
Søren Kierkegaard

No comments:

Post a Comment